The successful candidate will act as a project engineer supporting the Intel and Space & RF high reliability product lines including development efforts, Internal Research and Development (IRAD) projects, and continued production support. As part of an Integrated Product Team (IPT), the project engineer provides technical leadership, documentation support, test plan development, and issue resolution for each of their programs. The project engineer will be responsible for ensuring the programs are completed on time, issues are resolved quickly with the correct supporting staff, and the programs are executed within budget.
- Lead multiple project teams in new proposals, define requirements, plan and execute project plans, design reviews and production release of modified or new products.
- Generate Basis of Estimates (BOE's), Bill of Materials (BOM's) and Engineering Change Orders (ECO's) for both development and standard products.
- Manage project schedules, monitor engineering staffing, update program Estimates at Completion (EAC's) and support earned value program management (EVM).
- Support the Product Development Process, engineering model test and development, and transition of products from design to production.
- Prepare and present technical data at product design reviews and customer meetings from the proposal phase through delivery.
- BS degree in Engineering (preferably Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing) required.
- Education and/or experience in systems engineering with RF design and digital communications background, RF and mixed signal circuit theory, test equipment, design and development process controls, and technical presentations.
- Experience leading projects and/or teams.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Preference may be given to candidates with an active Secret (or higher) clearance at the time of hire.
- A strong interest in products designed for space and high reliability applications.
- At least one year of relevant technical and leadership experience (managing electronics design projects, preferably high reliability communications equipment).
- Experience with Agilent ADS, active and passive microwave circuit design and analog circuits.
- Experience designing FPGA's in VHDL and simulating using ModelSim.
- Familiarity with high frequency design (RF, IF, PLL synthesizers, mod/demod, LNA's and power amps) and implementation in receivers, transmitters and/or transponders at L/S/X/K Bands.
- Experience with military-grade tactical radios.
- An understanding of Lean Six Sigma processes and concepts.
- Former military experience is a plus.
This position may be filled at a senior level, based on the successful applicant's skills, education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.