Hardware - Mechanical Engineer
Valve is looking for talented mechanical engineers that can work within our hardware teams, bring concepts to life and enrich gaming experiences. The ideal candidate has a strong background that includes the following skills: ideation, collaborating, prototyping, 3-D modeling and extensive experience in all facets of manufacturing consumer gaming products.
- Conceptualize, design and develop hardware products through the entire product lifecycle
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other team members to solve technical challenges
- Define, design and prototype individual parts, sub-systems and mechanisms
- Solid understanding and experience in designing and qualifying injection molded, sheetmetal, diecast, soft goods parts
- Create technical specifications and product definition
- Create manufacturable 3D models of parts, sub-systems that meet and/or exceed design intent, function, cost goals and delivered on schedule
- Design parts for manufacturability utilizing standard engineering practices such as GD&T, VSA, DFMEA
- Strong understanding of quality metrics to establish Process Capability
- Work with manufacturing to develop test equipment, fixtures, assembly line setup.
- Product support from inception through sustaining engineering