This position will lead the Electrical and Mechanical Engineering team, which has responsibility for both functional areas. The function is responsible for creating solutions for improvements defined by the systems engineering team, including motion control, IO, payload and sensor head mechanics, power, and data paths through to the image processing engines. The team of approximately 10 people will need to be coached, trained, and developed to continue to meet the needs of the projects they will be involved in. This role will report into the head of engineering for the array test division.
- 5+ years of production level work experience with clean room capital equipment, ideally in mechanical / electricalengineering roles for testing for the Flat Panel Display and/or Array Test space
- 5+ years of work hands-on work experience in clean room environments
- Can manage electrical and mechanicalengineering teams or projects
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of modern methods for system modeling
- Capable of conducting board design, from block diagram through to production
- Understands the use of various forms of metrology (SEM, EDX, FTIR, etc)
- 5+ years of people management experience, including budget management, coaching, mentoring, hiring, training, performance management, project management
- Availability to travel to Asia for occasional support or deployment needs (10-12% Travel)
Education and Experience:
- BSEE or BSME
- 10+ years experience with complex product engineering
About Photon Dynamics:
We are the leading provider of yield management solutions to the flat panel display, or FPD, industry. We also offer yield management solutions to the printed circuit board, or PCB, assembly and advanced semiconductor packaging industries. Our test, repair and inspection systems are used by manufacturers to collect data, analyze product quality and identify and repair product defects at critical steps in the manufacturing process.
Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using Orbotech systems.
For over 30 years, Orbotech has been a market leader in developing cutting edge inspection, test, repair and production solutions for the manufacture of the world’s most sophisticated consumer and industrial electronics.
Orbotech has over 2,500 employees in 50 offices around the globe: North America, Europe, Japan, and Asia Pacific. The company’s headquarters are located in Israel as well as R&D and production of many of its product lines.
Notice to Employment Agencies and Professional Recruiters:
ORBOTECH will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any employment agency or professional recruiter (“Agency”) that submits an unsolicited resume to ORBOTECH’s career site or directly to any employee, does so with the understanding that the resume will become the property of ORBOTECH. ORBOTECH will have the right to hire that candidate at its discretion without any fee owed to the Agency.
Agencies that have fee agreements with ORBOTECH and have been engaged on a specific search shall follow the submission process outlined by the ORBOTECH recruiter with whom they are partnering with on the search.
All inquiries by Agencies to become a provider of recruiting services must be directed to and approved by ORBOTECH’s Head of Talent Acquisition.