Hardware Engineering Technician
Are you naturally curious and often find yourself wanting to know how things work? Do you enjoy teaming up with others to research and find solutions to interesting problems? Do you like learning about new technologies and how they are being used to improve communities around the globe? Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) Power Systems R&D group is looking for an Electronics Technician that is interested in mastering the skills needed to develop innovative protection system products. In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to test and qualify some of these innovative and valuable products!
SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
- Perform basic electronic hardware tests in accordance with defined engineering procedures or guidelines under the direction of engineers or more experienced technicians.
- Build engineering prototypes under the direction of an electrical engineer or experienced technician. Document prototype construction and maintain pertinent engineering records.
- Assist engineers in the evaluation of new electronic components.
- Assemble test fixtures, load banks, and other components common to product development.
- Provide support to engineering staff as needed.
- Process Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) of modest complexity under the direction of engineers or more experienced technicians.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two-year electronic technology or related associatedegree
- Working knowledge of modernanalog and digital electronics and electronic circuits
- Familiarity with modern test equipment
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)