We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
The Hardware Engineer will be part of an Integrated Product Development (IPD) team that includes Hardware Systems, Firmware, Software, Mechanical, PCB Design, Test Engineering, Quality and Project to define, develop and test electronic controls for Pratt & Whitney Engine Systems. We are seeking a highly motivated entry-level engineer to join our Electrical Design team. They will be responsible for board design and test yet demonstrate an interest and willingness to step outside that role as needed.
- Performs engineering work and applied research, development, and design for new products to ensure quality standards and functional objectives are met.
- Troubleshoots electrical devices problems to ensure that issues are resolved efficiently.
- Resolves day-to-day technical problems on the production lines to minimize disruption.
- Participates in technical preparations for new product development and implementation to ensure new products meet the required specifications.
- Operates computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Completes drawing designs as required to facilitate the engineering process.
- Confers with engineers, customers, vendors and other stakeholders on existing and potential engineering projects or products.
- Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks.
- Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
- Produces products according to specifications, using the most cost effective and efficient means.
- Analyzes and evaluates new or improved electronic components.
- Includes power generation, transmission and distribution, rotating machinery, illumination, wire communication systems and servomechanisms.
- Includes circuit theory, computer design and development, instrumentation, radio communications, semiconductor devices, solid state devices, and television systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering Required OR graduation no later than June 2019.
- Masters Degree or working towards master degree Preferred
Experience / Qualifications:
- Course or work experience within Digital and/or Analog Design
- Embedded processor (PowerPC or ARM) or DSP experience
- Experience using Mentor Graphics, Cadence or similar electronic CAD tools
- Experience with programmable devices such as FPGAs, PLDs or PALs
- Lab equipment including Logic Analyzer, oscilloscope, signal generators, emulators, programmers or similar
- MSOffice (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Co-op or Intern experience
- Aerospace or aviation background
Job ID 01289048