ower Research Capital LLC, a high-frequency proprietary trading firm founded in 1998, seeks a Hardware Engineer to join our Trading Platform team.
The Trading Platform division is responsible for developing, improving, and governing platforms through which trading teams access markets, and facilitating Risk Technology’s control of market access and trading.
- Collaborate with hardware and software developers across divisions to build ultra-low latency trading systems
- Work closely with trade teams to gather requirements and develop solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Evaluate and utilize the latest technologies to continuously improve system performance.
- At least 3 years of experience with FPGA development
- A bachelor's degree in electrical or computer engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- Proficiency with SystemVerilog/Verilog or VHDL
- Experience developing test benches and using simulations tools (ModelSim)
- Experience with Xilinx or Altera development toolchains and design flows
- Familiarity with the Linux environment
- Ability to document design and interface specifications
Additional Qualifications (preferred)
- Experience with high speed protocol such as 10 or 25Gb Ethernet, PCIe, etc.
- Understanding of various networking protocols (Ethernet, IP, TCP, UDP)
- Understanding of various network topologies and hardware (types of switches, etc.)
- Familiarity with C/C++, Python (or other scripting languages)
- Familiarity with automation frameworks such as Jenkins for CI
- Experience with advanced verification frameworks (Cocotb, UVM)
- Financial industry experience a plus but is NOT required
- Experience with various exchange protocols (ITCH, OUCH, etc.)
Tower’s dual offices and garden roofdecks are located in TriBeCa and SoHo, neighborhoods in downtown Manhattan. While we work hard, Tower’s cubicle-free workplace, jeans-clad workforce, and well-stocked kitchens reflect the premium the firm places on quality of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- 401(k) with company matching
- 5 weeks of paid vacation per year plus 9 paid holidays
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks on a daily basis
- Reimbursement for health and wellness expenses