Hardware Engineer - 938801
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Apply Apply with LinkedIn Share
About the Position:
This engineer will work closely with NPI (New Product Introduction) team members, especially the hardware design, software and manufacturing engineers, to determine a product test strategy, develop the necessary scripts, test the products and resolve any issues in order to support the successful release of new products. Furthermore, this engineer will represent the team in interfacing with cross functional team members at various levels in communicating test strategy, status and mitigation plan, if needed. He / she needs to continuously look for ways to innovate, leverage and enhance test strategy, process and execution.
- Participate on project teams of engineers involved in specification, design, development and test of hardware.
- Assist engineers in design, development and evaluation of new products, perform bench level repair and bring-up on engineering prototypes.
- Define the design test parameters and procedures with the goal of releasing zero design defects to production.
- Develop and implement system and board level test plans with hardware development engineers, diagnostics engineers, and project managers.
- Setup complex test scenarios to maximize functional stress on hardware modules.
- Identifying test equipment and test set architectures required to test new hardware products.
- Execute EDVT test plans while documenting results and debugging issues found. Drive issue to closure and get corrective action with the project team.
- Perform HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Testing) at local outside labs.
- Interface/engage closely with cross functional product teams to meet the project milestones, third party vendor in test equipment evaluation and training, and ODM partners to gather, evaluate and approve ODM's test strategy, plans, process and reports.
- Present status and mitigation plan, if needed, to the project team.
- Drive the evaluation and enhancement of the testing process and best practice documentation. Improve processes and actively enhance efficiency, consistency, cost avoidance, test leverage and customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate technical readiness prior to releasing to manufacturing.
- Minimum MSEE/CS plus 3-5 yrs related experience or BSEE/CS plus 5-7+ yrs related experience.
- Knowledge in testing networking L2/L3 protocols;
- Min. 3 years of experience in QA test-ware development and execution in the area of testing hardware/software configurations, power cycle tests, diagnostics testing or related areas.
- Minimum MSEE/CS plus 3-5 yrs related experience or BSEE/CS plus 5-7+ yrs related experience
- Hands-on experience in testing networking L2/L3 protocols;
- Min. 3-5 years of experience in QA test-ware development and execution in the area of testing hardware/software configurations, power cycle tests, diagnostics testing or related areas.