We're looking for someone to help us with further qualification and testing of the hardware we install in retail locations, and use for internal research and data collection.
What you'll do:
- Perform testing and qualification on prospective systems to be used internally and in production at customer sites.
- Implement and commission computer systems (hardware, software, network, and storage) from bare metal for testing purposes and in production operations.
- Install CPUs, Memory, Drives, PCIe cards
- Provision OS (primarily Ubuntu)
- Deploy and maintain our server and storage infrastructure used for data collection, storage, derivation, annotating, serving, training, and deploying.
- Oversee installations at client sites and manage hardware deployments.
- 10% Travel. You'll be responsible for visiting to customer locations to meet with clients, install equipment, and complete site surveys. There will also be the occasional visit to our Santa Clara data center.
Who you are:
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- You're comfortable and have experience scripting to automate tasks - likely in Shell or Python.
- You have experience building and deploying Linux servers from bare hardware to a functional system.
- You have experience working with configuration management (Ansible/Salt/Puppet/Chef).
- You are physically able to traverse a standard office space and/or customer location with ease.
- You are physically able to ascend & descend a ladder to install, configure, and test cameras.
- You are physically able to transport 40 pounds.
Why you might want to work with us:
- We take care of you and your family with health, vision, and dental insurance.
- We're serious about food. Free catered lunch every day, and a fully stocked kitchen with occasional snack appearances from our Japanese office. Healthy and not-so-healthy options are available, as are foods for those with dietary restrictions.
- You're excited to work on a product that will impact almost any consumer, almost anywhere.
- We dress casually. If you want, you can wear slippers in the office. You should see the creative collection our team has built.
- We believe in a culture of learning, and want to keep building our skills, experiences, and capabilities.
- We offer flexible work schedules. We trust our team to know how they will do their best work.
- We're family friendly. We want our teammates to focus on what they need to when they need to.
- We offer very competitive compensation, including equity in Standard, to each one of our employees.