Job DescriptionEssential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Analyzes, designs, and develops conventional analog and digital circuits. Conducts moderate to complex design reviews to demonstrate product and circuit robustness.
2. Develops hardware specifications and prepares system level specifications.
3. Writes and analyzes test plans, executes tests and evaluates test results for use at peer design reviews and project notebooks.
4. Prepares and maintains product documentation, including data sheets, instruction manuals, project notebooks, design and test documentation.
5. Provides and maintains accurate project plans. Manages and/or leads hardware projects of moderate complexity. Coordinates engineering activities with purchasing and manufacturing.
6. Mentors and directs the efforts of associate engineers and technicians.
7. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
8. Understand. Create. Simplify.
9. Other duties as assigned.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typically 2+ years of combined experience in at least 2 of the following areas:
-- Analog circuit design
-- Digital design with microprocessors
-- Power supply design
-- Digital design with emphasis on Programmable Logic including:
-- Xilinx/Altera/Micro Semi Tools
-- Simulation, Timing, Analysis, and Synthesis
Working knowledge of project management processes and procedures
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Knowledge of one or more of the following:
-- Industrial controls
-- 3-phase and electric power systems
-- Electric utility telecommunications
Leadership experience or training