Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
As a Hardware Engineer, Power Specialist you will play a key role in the development of next-generation technologies of how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. You get excited about building new things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch. You will be versatile and passionate, in order to take on new challenges as we continue to push technology forward.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information—hardware. Our Consumer Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Consumer Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Lead the design of power subsystem with other system integration engineers for a finished product.
- Lead projects that involve new technologies or new uses of multiple existing technologies.
- Engage cross functionally to ensure successful roll-out, testing and complete validation.
- Provide technical leadership and direction while troubleshooting complex system level issues.
- Recommend and implement new product developments and process improvements.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in power electronics and electrical power engineering.
- Schematic capture and circuit simulation tools experience.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working with battery powered systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of power design at board and system level.
- Ability to access supplier competencies and areas of weakness.
- Ability to execute own work with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills, coupled with a well-focused attention to detail.