The Electronics Hardware Engineer is responsible for the electrical and electronic component and subsystem design, and
electrical integration into heavy duty vehicles.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
• Design and release of electrical and electronic components and systems for heavy commercial truck.
• Integrate vehicle and drive line controls into vehicle electrical systems.
• Complete engineering change notice documentation to manage old and new parts and use proprietary
software to issue part bid requests.
• Use Pro-engineer and Mentor Graphics to design and document electrical system schematics, wire
harnesses and wire routings.
• Manage engineering and project management processes to maintain schedule, budget, and
functionality. Plan and track validation of components.
• Support launch at truck assembly plants as needed, and resolve field issues as identified.
• Ensure industry leading quality and reliability is met/maintained/exceeded on all components.
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with mechanical engineers, manufacturing engineers and other
professionals to ensure quality heavy duty truck electrical designs.
• Investigate and resolve warranty issues for power train electrical related claims.
• Up to 15% travel.
Qualifications & Skills
• BSEE or equivalent degreerequired.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, lean, collaborative team environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Good planning/tracking skills.
• Competency with standard business software tools (word processing, spreadsheets, etc.).
• Able to learn and use new processes and techniques and resourcefully solve complex technical issues.
• Commitment to reliability, value, and quality in all aspects of work; desire to join the World’s Best team.
• Willingness to grow continuously, both personally and professionally and a strong results orientation.
• 3+ years design & release of automotive or commercial vehicle electrical components, including
software, wire harnesses, electronic controls, switches, driver input devices, and/or HMI.
• Proficiency using Engineering tools (Pro-Engineer, Mentor Graphics, Matlab/Simulink, Rhapsody).
• Awareness of heavy duty commercial truck regulations, especially affecting instrumentation, emissions,
safety, On Board Diagnostics, and other areas impacting electrical/electronic design, architecture, and
• Experience with supplier management through AlAG processes
• Knowledge of DFSS tools including FMEA, QFD, etc.
Specific experience or expertise in one or more of:
• Automotive embedded electronic component D&R
• Embedded real-time systems design and implementation
• MS in appropriate technical field (CS or EE preferred) and/or Professional Engineering license.