Hardware Sustaining/Development Engineer: Evaluates reliability of materials, properties and techniques used in production; plans, designs and develops electronic parts, components, integrated circuitry, mechanical systems, equipment and packaging, optical systems and/or DSP systems; works with ODM/contract manufacturer/production operations, customer service support, and commodity management to sustain products and provide Failure Analysis support after development and release phase; provides analysis of product quality/reliability performance based on factory and field data.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Experience in hardware design, development and sustaining support of networked storage products
- A strong understanding of complex concepts related to architecture, design engineering, reliability, prototyping and failure analysis.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and
high quality standards.
- Ability to develop longer-range project plans and schedules for individual or work for a small team. Responsibility and Interaction:
- The tasks this individual is responsible are often unstructured and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives and creative approaches.
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving. problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation of numerous factors.
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
- This individual is able to successfully convey information to stakeholders at many levels related to the position.
- To be successful, you must demonstrate favorable results through regular leadership and mentoring others. Interaction:
- This individual must work effectively with staff to Director level employees within the function and across functions, and with external Parties.
- Limited supervision and direction is provided.
Typically requires a minimum of 8years of related experience with a Bachelor?s degree; or 6 years and a Master?s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.