You are responsible for:
- This position is for a seasoned professional individual contributor in the Hardware Engineering sub-family, who works independently with limited supervision.
- Design and create innovative hardware solutions for ruggedized server platforms and other embedded applications, including motherboards, risers, and add on cards to meet customer and marketing requirements
- Collaborate with the PCB CAD team(s) and vendors to implement high speed, high reliability PCB designs
- Create and execute test plans for bring-up, functional test and DVT/VVT of embedded and computer system designs
- Architect and develop HDL (VHDL or Verilog) code of moderate complexity for CPLD and FPGA implementations
- Compile and evaluate design data in order to create product technical specifications
- Assist in creating estimates and architectural proposals and then apply processes to ensure on time delivery.
- Mentor other HW engineers to help teach new skills and review created content.
- Assist in troubleshooting and solution finding in response to requests from customer support or QA/RMA teams.
You are a part of
A fast-growing Hardware Engineering team developing cutting edge technology for the Defense Industry, based out of our Freemont office
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant Electrical or Computer Systems Engineering discipline.
- 5 years of industry experience developing modern hardware designs.
- Skilled in using a schematic design tool, with Cadence AllegroHDL being strongly preferred
- Experience in Intel and/or AMD server hardware design invaluable
- Knowledgeable in PCB design and fabrication techniques and able to support a PCB layout team.
- Skilled in developing CPLD or FPGA designs using Xilinx or Altera devices
- Ability to understand, specify and verify performance of Power supply designs.
- Understanding of signal integrity techniques for high speed, RF and analog designs.
- Experience working with microcontrollers and collaborating with software engineering teams.
- Knowledgeable in government safety and regulatory standards such as CE, FCC, UL, MIL-STDs
- Should be able to read and create technical specifications and datasheets that are typically written in English.
- Ability to layout, or refine, simple to moderate PCB layouts using Allegro PCB or equivalent. (Preferred)
- Experience in PCIE Gen4/5 and similar high-speed technologies. (Preferred)
- Expertise in working with VNA, TDRs, Spectrum Analyzers and other test equipment. (Preferred)
- A history of having worked with EMC or MIL STD environment test standards. (Preferred)
- Skilled in embedded RF design, including Antenna specification, and use of HFSS simulation tools. (Preferred)
- Familiarity with JAMA/JIRA / Confluence development tools or equivalents. (Preferred)
- An ability to rework simple electronic circuits using a soldering iron would be helpful, but not essential. (Preferred).