$100K — $150K *
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Hardware Engineer to join our team and work at National Business Park.
Candidates will be responsible for complex HP (SGI and Cray), Avocent, Cisco and other hardware systems. Motivated candidates must have the knowledge and experience to be responsible for:
· Install, optimize, and configure new servers and application upgrades in existing network environment.
· Solve highly complex hardware/software/network infrastructure issues in a data center environment.
· Test and support of classified cloud computing systems.
· Conduct periodic performance tests on existing servers.
· Solve complex technical issues with limited supervision.
· Perform updates and patching of various systems.
· System integration, maintenance, disk scrub, testing as well as providing support for associative program elements.
· Manage and administer Linux systems, perform periodic maintenance, and provide technical support.
· Construction, installation, labeling, cabling, connection and troubleshooting of enterprise distributed computing systems.
· Escalate and communicate status to internal and external customers.
· Configure and maintain VMware clusters and hosts.
· Troubleshoot, repair, replace hardware and work with vendors to correct issues.
· Knowledge and ability to navigate and utilize BIOS commands
· Participate in customer meetings, documentation reviews, and follow-on tasks as required.
· A Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related discipline may be substituted for three (3) years of work experience.
· A Masters degree in any of the above disciplines may be substituted for an additional two (2) years of experience.
· Shall have a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in software engineering/development and/or systems engineering/analysis.
· Must possess experience in all phases of software engineering to include requirements analysis, development, testing and integration, maintenance and problem diagnosis/resolution and/or experience in phases of applications systems analysis to include evaluation and design, integration and optimization of complex systems.
· Must have experience with communication applications, database management, use of programming languages and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods.
· Some travel may be required.
· Experience with providing analysis and engineering of functional aspects of hardware architecture and system support.
· Experience with applications that deal with utility programs, job control language, macro, subroutines and other control modules.
· Candidate shall be competent to work at the highest level of all phases of applications systems analysis with minimal direction or oversight.
Security Clearance Requirements:
· Active/Current Top Secret SCI with Poly
· Ascend/descend steps, balancing, bending, carrying, crawling, crouching, define color, driving, grasping, kneeling, lifting, medium work, move about in lab setting, pulling, pushing, reaching, standing, travel, close measurements, physical inspection, ability to handle stress and work under pressure, ability to use MS Office and PC, analytical and critical thinking skills, interpersonal and people skills, listening skills, multi-tasking skills, oral and written communication skills, organizational skills
Valid through: 3/31/2021