As a Hardware Engineer focusing on server engineering, you would be architecting, designing and engineering the servers that run the global data center footprint for GoDaddy. In this role, you would be responsible for designing server solutions for all GoDaddy applications and optimizing current footprint. You will also work closely with Data Center Engineering, DC Operations and Capacity Planning teams to deliver key operational efficiencies across our data centers.
This role focuses on designing server systems for a large internet-scale company and partnering with different OEMs and ODMs to integrate multi-vendor solutions. Prior experience publishing technical standards for design, defining engineering specifications, and developing technical analysis are key requirements for success on this team. We're also looking for experience in managing project schedules and requirements, while working in an agile environment. If you have significant experience with firmware, operating systems, performance and benchmarking, hardware testing and validation, server and network architectures, we definitely want to see your application!
- Bachelor's degree in related field, Masters is preferred
- 5+ years of industry experience in server and data center engineering.
- Strong understanding of x86 server architectures, with x64 server architecture experience a plus
- Ability to create server design specifications and requirement documentation.
- Good collaboration and technical skills to work with product owners to define and implement best in class hardware densities for a workload.
- Experience with OEM/ODM/CM development engagement models.
- Experience TCO modeling for option and strategy analysis
- Knowledge of industry hardware roadmaps and hardware selection process with OEM/ODM partners.
- Knowledge of data center lifecycle elements, including server deployment, operations, provisioning, migrations, and decommissioning.
- Experience in understanding large scale production applications, distributed systems and performance-capacity-cost tradeoffs.
- Keeping up with industry trends and articulating impact of a trends to GoDaddy infrastructure and hardware strategy.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Shipped server products and has been through end-to-end development and release cycles.
- Experience and knowledge of managing hardware SKU life cycle.
- Experience with platform design for OpenStack, CEPH, Hadoop, and high-availability/reliability scale-out storage solutions.
- Experience developing or leveraging Open Compute Project design standards
- Experience using performance analysis tools (fio, SPEC, sysbench, stream, etc.).
- Knowledge of system firmware and BIOS, and associate tools.
- Ability to work on multiple complex projects; both domestic and international project experience.