About the Position
This engineer will be responsible for start-to-finish board-level hardware development for high-speed fiber-optic transceivers and evaluation/test platforms. The engineer will select key components and do schematic capture. Layout will either be done by the engineer or working closely with a skilled PCB designer. The engineer will then work with PCB/flex fabrication houses to ensure successful delivery of PCBs and PCBAs, and do board bring-up and validation.
* Participate in development of high-level architecture for fiber-optic transceivers and evaluation/test platforms.
* Design of electronic circuits for fiber-optic transceivers and evaluation/test platforms
* Select key components including power, logic, and passives.
* Do schematic capture of using Cadence Orcad Schematic capture,
* Do board designs using Cadence layout tool (PCB editor) or work closely with a skilled PCB designer to do board layout, and deliver gerbers and/or ODB++ fab files for quote and fab.
* Work with PCB fab houses to ensure design meets DFM requirements (e.g. Valor).
* Bring-up and validation of PCBAs.
* Work collaboratively with other team members, including mechanical and transceiver engineers, to ensure PCBA meets all performance and manufacturability requirements.
* Hardware system design, including deep knowledge and experience with microcontrollers, memory, logic, and power.
* Solid understanding of high-speed (> 10GHz) digital design, including impedance calculations for different transmission structures and crosstalk mitigation techniques and practices.
* Power plane allocation based on current specs and supply filtering definition based on noise characteristics.
* Familiarity with different PCB/flex materials and typical design constraints for fabrication.
* Hands-on high-speed PCB layout using Cadence layout tool.
* BS in Electrical Engineering
* 10+ years of experience in high-speed hardware design