Help expand Zonar’s array of hardware telematics products by supporting new internal product designs and selecting third party hardware devices that are worthy of the Zonar name. You will use your hardware engineering skills and experience to ensure that all Zonar products are of the highest quality and meet customer needs.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four year college or university in electrical engineering or a related field and 2+ years experience in embedded development, test, or system integration, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience with PCB design tools such as Altium Designer.
· Experience with common hardware lab test equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, and spectrum analyzers.
· Experience with common hardware prototyping tools such as soldering irons and wire crimpers.
· Experience with automotive CAN interfaces is desired.
· Experience with Python or other programming languages is desired.
· Experience with mechanical CAD tools such as Solidworks is desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use their hands. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position generally performs 40 hours of work each week, working Monday through Friday from 8:00pm to 5:00pm each day. Work is generally performed in a controlled office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.