$80K — $100K *
Medtronic’s Cardiac Rhythm and Heart Failure (CRHF) division is looking for a motivated engineer to be part of a high-performing team that is revolutionizing the design and development of medical devices. In this role, you will leverage both your technical breadth and business acumen to accelerate the development, decrease cycle time, reduce cost and increase product quality for Medtronic’s device portfolio. The work you do will impact patients globally and help support Medtronic’s mission of alleviating pain, restoring health, and extending life for millions.
This role will be responsible for device & instrument integration as a system. The main tasks will center on HW, FW, mechanical and SW integration. This includes defining, developing and delivering complete implantable devices and the instruments and interfacing with manufacturing to enable production of the devices and instruments. The position will be based in Mounds View, MN.
Engineers create our market-leading portfolio of innovations. Combine the best of your experience with training and mentorship to move forward. If you want a challenging, energizing, rewarding career that changes lives, join us. Help us bring the next generation of life-changing medical technology to patients worldwide.
You can grow your career with us; we hope you’ll consider joining our team!
A Day in the Life
• Work closely with cross-functional partners such as Systems Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality, to take a product from ideation to market release
• Specify, design, simulate, and verify significant portions (component to system level) of a design for medical devices or instrumentation in a regulated environment using standard engineering tools and methods
• Work with device architects, chips architects, digital designers, analog designers, and firmware designers to integrate and verify a device design in hardware (i.e. printed circuit board, FPGAs) or in simulation (i.e. RTL, Verilog, C)
• Adhere to and enhance development standards and processes
• Develop and implement designs based on requirements specifications
• Prepare and maintain formal documentation
• Participate in technical reviews, lead the review for their own work and may lead the review for others
• Identify and may implement productivity and quality improvements
• Participate in the identification and resolution of intra-project issues
• Independently prepare plan and time estimates for own work and may assist others in this activity
• Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of Hardware Engineering experience OR Advanced degree
Nice to Have
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in Hardware Engineering
• Proficient in analysis tools such as Spotfire and Spreadsheet
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, simulate and resolve issues in embedded system designs.
• Proficient in programming languages such as Python, Matlab and Labview
• Experience using simulation and modeling tools such as Spice, Ansys – Designer, Ansys SI Wave
• Familiar with cardiac anatomy and physiology.
Valid through: 3/29/2021