Position Overview Overview:
Responsible for all aspects of the product design/development cycle, including definition, implementation, management and release to manufacturing of high speed networking security boards and systems.
Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
* Ability to architect, implement, integrate and debug different platforms in all technical aspects within the discipline schedule.
* Must have a good communication skill to lead the project and manage the vendors (CM, JDM, OEM) on all aspects of the design to maximize the result.
* Define board circuit specification, design, component selection and verification.
* Collaborate with designer to lead & supervise PCB layout, fab & board/system assembly.
* Collaborate with designer and vendor FAE to find out the optimization solution.
* Collaborate with QC, QA and software engineers to resolve the problems.
* Generate and manage project technical documents, such as BOM, EC (Engineering Change) and DVT test plan, etc.
* Review EDVT test result from CM and provide the suggestion.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* 1-3 years of experience in complex board design with successful release to production
* Schematic capture and layout tools. Prefer familiarity with Orcad and Allegro tools.
* Familiarity with oscilloscope and other lab equipment.
* Must have High-speed design and system bring up experience
* Good knowledge of analog and digital electronics circuits design.
* Familiarity with discrete switching/Linear regulators, and DC-DC converters
* Familiarity with standard interfaces QSGMII, SGMII, SATA, PCIe, DDR, USB, I2C/SMBus, PMBus, Optical/Copper Modules (1G-100G)
* Good communication skills with cross functional teams & vendors
* Self-starter, positive attitude, detail oriented, organized and responsible
* Have an open mind and can do attitude.
* A great problem solver, debugger, and willing to take calculated risk to drive result.
* Experience in designing/debugging/managing high speed designs
* Design experience with embedded processor
* High-speed Signal Integrity Simulation experience
* Lead and manage JDM/ODM/OEM projects
* Experience in release to production of a wide range of products low cost to high end
* Must have a B.S.E.E or equivalent technical degree. AMRD2117