The Opportunity | Hardware Engineer
We are looking for a creative hardware engineer who has a passion to invent, design and implement hardware along with a curiosity and desire to learn. Apply if you are a team player willing to share, discuss and brainstorm ideas to define new products, product enhancements and process improvements.
- Design, develop and test new hardware
- Support and enhance existing hardware
- Apply established development processes and assist in process improvement
- Analyze requirements and develop design alternatives
- Generate complete and accurate user and design documentation
- Provide input to architecture, design and code reviews
- Provide input and evaluation of new technologies and products
- Assist in maintaining a positive and productive atmosphere within the team
- At least 2-5 years of experience in embedded development
- Embedded Hardware knowledge and experience with processor systems (Intel, ARM, PIC, Atmel, NXP) interface systems (SATA, PCIe, I2C, SPI, UART, U"SB) and power supplies (DC/DC converters, switching PS)
- Strong knowledge of hardware interfaces and buses like PCIe, PCI, Fiberchannel, I2C, SPI, USB
- Working knowledge of electronic/electrical theory, signal integrity
- Working knowledge of Mentor schematic tool like DXDesigner and PCB layout tool like PADs
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools
- Good analytical skills, communication skills and and research ability
- Experience working in team environment under minimal supervision
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.