Casa Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of next-generation broadband distributed and virtualized architectures in mobile, fixed telecom and cable networks. As the original supplier of commercially deployed CCAP systems that deliver voice, video, and data over a single port, Casa continues a tradition that brings leading edge solutions to hundreds of service providers around the world. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a Hardware Engineer to join our growing engineering team located in our Andover, MA, USA, facility located approximately 30 minutes north of Boston.
The Hardware Engineer will actively participate in design/development/testing activities to bring to market a new line of Node products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design/develop part or all of the RF, PCB design portion of the project.
- Conduct design reviews, mitigate risks, and recommend solutions.
- Develop design enhancements to be included in existing platform printed circuit boards.
- Perform hardware prototyping for new platform design enhancements.
- Develop hardware test plans and specifications and support hardware testing.
- Perform and/or direct lab testing (DVT, HVT and SVT) activities and troubleshoot issues that arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical discipline.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience in RF design from inception to market.
- Solid experience with RF modulation concepts, BER, Rx sensitivity, Digital/Analog Filters, Broadband RF receiver and amplifier chain design, test methodology and test equipment.
- Experience with schematic capture software, preferably Mentor Graphic’s DXD.
- Proficient in the use of RF lab test equipment such as Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal/Modulation Analyzers, and RF Signal Generators.
- Understands and has an appreciation for the DFx (design for cost, test, manufacturing) process.
- Proven results of having contributed to entire product development life cycle.
- Able to prioritize, organize and manage many different tasks.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
Tracking Code 542