PRIMARY FUNCTION(S)See More
The customer team is made up of software developers, hardware and electrical engineers, cryptographers, computer scientists, systems analysts, and security architects, who share a common passion for solving the hardest technical problems in national security. We pursue innovative, high-impact, practical research in small, focused teams. We succeed by being involved in all R&D phases, including problem analysis and innovative solution design, system architecture, rapid prototyping and field-testing, and ultimately transfer of our technology to DoD, Intelligence Community, and other government sponsors, as well as to industry.
We are looking for a high-quality, energetic embedded systems engineer experienced in the design and implementation of custom embedded algorithms targeting Xilinx Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC FPGAs. The use of Xilinx Vivado, Vitis and PetaLinux tools and a knowledge of secure system development or interest and willingness to learn is necessary to successfully carry out this position.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
You will help us create advanced technologies for ensuring security and resiliency of next-generation mission-critical systems relevant to national security. Work will include, but not limited to, leading the design and implementation of secure embedded system architectures to carry out mission critical processing tasks leveraging the latest Xilinx system on chip architecture. Development will involve system level trade space analysis based on a set of functional and security requirements. In addition, the candidate should be familiar with the development of one or more high speed interfaces such as PCIe, SATA, NVMe, etc. and have demonstrated successful ways of testing and validating such interfaces within a system. Success is measured in the ability of the candidate to clearly present reason for design level decisions and then realize the design in a functional prototype demonstrating that it meets all system functional and security requirements.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance
• PhD plus 5 years minimum experience, or MS plus 8 years minimum experience, or 15 years minimum experience
• Proficient in all aspects of FPGA design and verification
• Demonstrated ability to perform trade-space analysis and clearly communicate findings to a diverse audience
• In-depth familiarity with Xilinx FPGAs, Vivado, Modelsim, Linux (Bash, Tcl, Python) and source revision control (Git)
• Demonstrated proficiency in embedded systems development in VHDL and/or Verilog HDL with some embedded C experience to validate system functionality
• Demonstrated ability to design and validate high speed interfaces on custom boards in a lab environment
• Ability to read schematics and IC chip data sheets to understand software/firmware interface requirements
• Knowledge of secure system development or interest and willingness to learn
• Candidates must be enthusiastic, innovative and motivated self-starters able to work independently, or with a group, to achieve program requirements
• Candidates must possess strong oral and written communications skills, and must be able to present findings/results to internal and external organizations
• Experience developing and testing software running directly on an embedded processors or microcontrollers (i.e., bare metal)
• Experience configuring and deploying embedded Linux operating systems
• Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following: co-design and integration of software and hardware, integration and validation of third-party IP cores, experience implementing high speed storage protocols (i.e., NVMe, SATA, USB 3.x), system-on-chip design and verification
• Experience with engineering, manufacturing, board building in production environments
• Government requirements, documentation, and accreditation of DoD systems
• Ideal candidates would have an active clearance and have industry experience developing security related systems; this experience is not required but would be highly valued.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Infrequent, approximately once every 6-12 months for a period of 1-2 days
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI). Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Valid through: 3/12/2021