Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and working across discipline lines, then our team might be your next career step.
As a Hardware Engineer, you will design, develop and deploy next generation consumer hardware. You have a solid hardware board design background and knowledge of system architecture for mobile products. You will define board layout constraints and requirements, oversee physical engineering design layout, and work cross-functionally on system integration. You will also work cross-functionally with mechanical design, operation, and product to deliver systems to production.
As a member of a fast-paced multi-disciplinary team, you use your creativity and diverse range of engineering experience to explore solutions to a variety of engineering problems. Additionally as a Mechanical Engineer, you participate in the design, analysis, and prototyping of new concepts. You work in a manufacturing and product oriented development environment and collaborate with vendors and outside sources in order to see parts through to manufacture.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information - hardware. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Perform specific responsibilities which vary by project area
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Hardware System Integration, Signal and Power Integrity, RF System Validation, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Wireless Communications, Product Design
- Relevant Internship work, work experience, or personal project experience in Hardware or Electrical Engineering
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Experience with wireless communication interfaces and sensors
- Electrical and/or Mechanical CAD experience