Seeking a talented and self-motivated Manager to lead hardware design in robotics, automation, mechatronics and automated guided vehicles. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing complete solutions that are robust and easy to deploy. They should be familiar in the state of the art material handling, automation and robotics and have a history of rolling out solutions in existing and new buildings. This position reports directly to the Senior Robotics Scientist in the Advanced Technologies group.
The Manager Hardware Development Engineering will be responsible for Design and:
· Staying abreast of emerging technologies and developing a state of the art prototyping laboratory for testing new solutions.
· Interfacing with multiple amazon groups to develop emerging requirements for robotics and material handling.
· Developing and managing test plans.
· Maintaining high level of communications with cross-functional team, and partners.
· Interfacing with engineering managers, product management, and/or program management to drive new product development programs from concept to production.
· MS Mechatronics, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
· Minimum of 7 years’ experience in hardware solutions for robotics and automation or similar area.
· Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
· Demonstrated ability to gain deep understanding of the business and end user needs quickly, and to proficiently translate needs into the correct technology solution.
· Able to provide the customer and company-wide perspective to detailed technical decisions.
· Excellent written (white papers) and oral communication skills
· PH.D. Mechatronics, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
· Experience in embedded control systems, mechanical, and electrical design and development practices including common engineering tools used for such efforts with detailed knowledge and expertise in at least one of the areas.
· Automated build and test and/or test driven development.
· Computer Vision, and/or Big Data.
Job ID: 622130