As a member of the AWS Engineering Team you’ll be responsible for the design and optimization of hardware in our data centers. You’ll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale server deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you’ll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You’ll have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you’ll be constantly looking for ways to improve your products performance, quality and cost. We’re changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
What you will do: You will lead the design of AWS-specific hardware and system solutions for our data centers that include cards, boards, hardware subsystems and full systems. You will interact with engineers across the company including the Silicon Optimization team, and work with an interdisciplinary team to execute product designs from concept to production including architecture, design, development, validation, and the successful deployment of your work at large scale. You will be a technical, project and people leader, and the results of your work will enable new products and features for AWS customers.
Why it matters: Public cloud IT services represent the majority of growth in the overall IT services market and will continue to do so for years to come. The scale of AWS, combined with an understanding of how our hardware is used, creates a unique opportunity for hardware customizations that will directly benefit AWS customers.
Why you will love it: You will work directly with engineers across the company to build next-generation hardware. You will have a direct impact on delivering solutions to our AWS customers and will be part of a growing, fast paced, fun and technically challenging team.
· BS/MSElectrical/Computer Engineering (or equivalent)
· 12+ years of experience in hardware design of cards, boards, subsystems and systems
· 7+ years of people leadership and management
· 7+ years of successful project management experience of internal teams and external partners
· 7+ years of leadership of hardware design of cards, boards, subsystems and system projects resulting in high volume deployment
· Developing functional specifications, design verification plans and functional test procedures
· Working with interdisciplinary teams to execute product design from concept to production.
· Strong mentorship capabilities and the ability to establish methodologies
· Commitment to rigorous testing practices and design process flows
· Experience with the project management of technical projects and use of external partners
· Customer focused with strong organizational and planning skills
· Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
· Able to provide the customer and company-wide perspective to detailed technical decisions
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Experience working with cross functional teams including with firmware, software, silicon and fleet teams
· Experience leading the “bring-up” of new technologies and systems
· Experience with DDR and PCIe technologies, implementations and testing
· Hands on experience with schematic tools such as Orcad and board layout tools such as Allegro
· Signal integrity, advanced board design and thermal design experience
· Experience in building new teams including hiring, building methodologies and mentoring
Job ID: 619492