We are looking for Hardware Design Engineer - Signal Design for our client in North Reading, MA
Job Title: Hardware Design Engineer - Signal Design
Job Location: North Reading, MA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The candidate will support the existing customer base and will need to design, analyze and validate solutions for ATE instrumentation.
- They will also integrate with the Core Development team on new product introductions. As a result, they will see product through all aspects of the design and implementation phases, will work with vendors on a variety of concerns, will work with the Applications teams on customer issues, and will participate in design reviews with their fellow engineers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- The primary duties and responsibilities of the Hardware Engineer include:
- Verification of hardware requirements and implementation of solutions which address higher level product and system requirements.
- Circuit design, analysis, and margin verification.
- Schematic capture, PCB planning and review
- Communication of effort across analog, digital, software and mechanical departments as needed
- Participate in design verification testing and data collection, for proof of design goals. (Lead eventually)
- Support design team activities (peer review, design reviews, FMEAs, Failure Review Board meetings, etc)
- BSEE or equivalent with 5+ years of Engineering or Product Development experience.
- Experience in Design Verification and Validation, Performance Verification of ATE Instrumentation.
- Strong problem solving, initiative with strong circuit analysis skill.
- Understanding of the role of an Engineering support group and the accountability to drive and resolve issues
- Comfortable in circuit and system characterization, data collection and analysis. Competent computer skills for data collection and processing.
- Expertise with lab tools: DMM?s, High Speed Oscilloscopes, waveform generators, Spectrum / Network Analyzers.
- Familiar with industry standard CAD tools such as Orcad, Concept, Allegro.
- Ability to adapt to differing work styles and operate in a dynamic environment.
- Design & Simulation tool skills, such as Mentor Graphics, Cadence and PSpice are a plus.
- Basic programming skills in C/C++. are a plus.