We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Recogni’s enormous potential. Recogni’s mission is to design a vision-oriented artificial intelligence system for autonomous vehicles from the ground up. The system will deliver unprecedented inference performance through novel edge processing, allowing vehicles to see farther and make driving decisions faster than humans while consuming minimal amounts of energy.
Backed by WRVI Capital, Continental, Robert Bosch, GreatPoint Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, BMW i Ventures, The Mayfield Fund, and other leading VC partners, the company is headquartered in San Jose, California with additional operations in Munich, Germany. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the role
As a Hardware Design Engineer at Recogni, you will be in a unique position to have ownershipof a wide-ranging list of hardware system development aspects, including PCB and mechanical design, component selection and collaborating with operations in AVL management, PVT testing and certification. At this early stage in the company’s technology productization, you will also have an opportunity to make impact on design and bringup of development systems, reference platforms and actual products.
This hands-on multi-disciplinary role provides a unique opportunity to interact directly with ASIC, camera sensor, software, product and operations teams to gather necessary requirements and specifications, and help set the overall methodology around hardware system development at Recogni.
- Own all aspects of hardware system engineering of Recogni’s flagship vision-based perception module for autonomous driving applications.
- Gather requirements and specifications from engineering, product and operations teams for planning and implementing all hardware system deliverables, from lab bringup artifacts to reference system to shipping products.
- Hands on responsibility for the schematic capture, PCB design and other aspects of the hardware system around the company’s first ASIC.
- Plan for Compliance, Validation and FMEA Analysis for products.
- Drive hardware parts selection and vendor qualification processes in collaboration with manufacturing operations.
- Help build out the company’s first hardware system bringup lab facilities.
- B.S. (M.S. preferred) degree in Electrical or Computer engineering.
- 5+ years of hardware system engineering and experience with product-cycle aspects therein.
- Hands-on experience in all aspects of schematic capture, PCB design, as well as surrounding mechanical and thermal design areas.
- Experience in part selection, AVL management and working with manufacturing operations teams.
- Previous involvement in representing engineering considerations in contract manufacturing relationships.
- Demonstrable experience with EVT, DVT, PVT testing and certification processes is a plus.
- Self-starter and highly-motivated to work in a dynamic start-up environment.
Reasons to consider joining Recogni:
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; be part of shaping one of the most exciting new companies.
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields, from Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision to Systems & Device Engineering.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental
- Perks including meals, snacks, drinks and us!
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible work hours & generous PTO policy
Recogni's culture was built on the following values that are equally important to us as business:
- Put people first. We only succeed when our people succeed.
- Ethics and integrity always; Being open, honest, and respectful of everyone.
- Think Big. Be ambitious and have audacious goals.
- Aim for excellence. Quality and excellence count in everything we do.
- Own it and get it done. Results matter!
- Make Each Person Better together than they would be as an individual.
- Embrace each others’ differences.
- Embrace that there will be differences.