Hardware Design Engineer - Analog and Digital
(Power Supply / Power Electronics)
San Jose, CA
Seeking an experienced Analog and Digital electronics hardware design engineer to design platforms for reliability characterization of new and emerging IC power conversion products.
The focus of the position is to design and evaluate unique architecture power supply systems in order to test their reliability prior to the release of new products to market.
This development work will involve designing early evaluation platforms for IC designs that are in their very early stages of development.
- Design dynamic operating life test circuits for accelerated testing of power conversion IC's using various switching power supply topologies.
- Many complex modular designs must operate in an environmental chamber at 95 Deg C, and the device under test must operate at 125 deg C.
- Interpret an OTS (Objective Technical Specification) to develop the necessary evaluation circuits
- Design and specify inductors and transformers needed for implementation of reliability stress test circuits.
- Work with outside suppliers to manufacture reliability test boards and required components.
- BSEE and a minimum of 2 years of applicable experience.
- Design of simple and complex Power Electronic Equipment / Power Converters / Inverters
- Design of Analog and Digital circuits
- Switching/switch mode power supply design (buck, boost, bridge, flyback, resonant or forward converters
- High temperature accelerated life testing
- Troubleshooting and debugging of new and existing operating life test circuits
- Knowledge and use of design and layout software.
- Knowledge of printed circuit board design and knowledge of good high voltage and high current layout practices
- This position requires good written skills for documentation of designs and creation of operational specifications