Northrop Grumman is seeking a Hardware Depot Engineer 2 at our Boulder, CO facility for the SBIRS program.
This position requires a self-motivated individual, willing to take responsibility for project completion. Responsibilities include analysis of hardware Problem Reports, development of technical solutions, creation and execution of project schedules and Integration & Checkout plans, coordination of project buy-in and approval with multiple groups, installation of equipment, and updating of engineering records.
Provide hardware expertise to the program in areas of cryptographic hardware and key material, installation and maintenance of multiple hardware platforms such as Linux, AIX, RTLogic, ThinkLogical KVMs, and GPS time distribution. This position also requires the ability to manage and status multiple projects concurrently. Candidate must be customer service oriented, with an ability to develop and maintain relationships with site support personnel. Additional responsibilities may be assigned commensurate with performance or due to business needs. MSCOMSTR
- 2 Years with Bachelors of Science degree in engineering/physical science or closely related field.; 0 Years with Masters; 4 years with an Associates; or 6 years of relevant experience in a lieu of a degree will be considered.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience with hardware installation and troubleshooting. Including computer-room rack installations; fiber and copper cable installation and repair; troubleshooting/repair/replacement of hard drives, power supplies, mother-boards, memory, peripheral circuit boards and optical drives.
- Experience in project management including the ability to prioritize tasks, provide accurate project status, and make recommendations for timely project completion.
- Must be able and willing to travel to Aurora, CO and Colorado Springs, CO up to 25% of the time
- The ability to develop project schedules and other technical documentation for hardware projects using Microsoft Office and/or AutoDesk design
- Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance
- 4 years experience with Linux hardware
- 4 years experience with AIX hardware