As a Compliance Engineer you will be an integral part of the product development team and influence an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment across multiple projects simultaneously.
As a Compliance Engineer you will work closely with the design teams throughout the product life cycle by specifying regulatory requirements, completing pre-testing of the Hardware platforms developed by the design team and supporting the team through product execution, ultimately assisting the team to obtain the required regulatory compliance and safety certifications on the devices. The Compliance Engineer will also work with operations and sustaining to ensure our devices stay in compliance throughout their product lifetimes. Key responsibilities include:
· Work directly with product development teams through the entire development process and report on progress of POR commitments.
· Develop test plans and SOPs for each test phase during the product development.
· Setup of test schedules with the 3rd party compliance certification labs
· Debug of any test issues and report back to the development teams
· Provide necessary documentation to certifying as necessary to obtain POR country list certifications.
· Determining and interpreting the relevant compliance standards to test our hardware against based on our specific use case
· Participate and approve in mechanical and electrical design reviews to ensure EMC/EMI and WLAN mitigations are properly implemented in the design
· Hands-on testing experience for EMC/EMI compliance of the designs during development (pre-compliance testing).
· Root cause determination and corrective design action for any failures
· Filing official paperwork and final approval from the proper government or regulatory bodies (FCC/CE/TELEC/WPC for WLAN, WAN, and industry certifications.
· Responsible for determining regulatory artwork for labels as required by certification bodies
· Stay up to date on any changes to global agency approvals and testing procedures
· Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar technical discipline.
· 4+ years of WLAN/WAN hands on compliance testing, data interpretation and debug experience.
· EMC compliance testing, data interpretation and debug experience.
· Multiple product experience in submissions for official certification through relevant compliance bodies such as FCC, IC, CE, TELEC, WPC
· Experiences of working with Asia-based manufacturing partners.
· Proven track record of a collaborative teamwork environment
· Ability to move quickly and work in an ambiguous environment
· Masters in electrical engineering or equivalent technical degree
· 4+ years in WLAN/WAN hands on compliance testing
· Industry Certification experience with BT SIG, PTCRB, HDMI or ZigBee
· Multiple generations of FCC/CE/TELEC/WPC product regulatory approval submissions.
Job ID: 604404