The I/T Hardware Asset Management Analyst will assist in the development of an I/T Asset Management Program, focusing on I/T Hardware Asset Management. This role will leverage industry best practices to assist in the management of license hardware entitlement, hardware acquisition, license compliance, maintenance renewals, life cycle planning and costing.
Provide expertise regarding I/T Hardware Asset Management life cycle.
To include the analysis and design or redesign of:
- Existing I/T Hardware Asset Management processes
- I/T Hardware request process
- License pooling & checks
- License re-harvesting (reuse)
- License deployment and retirement (sun-setting)
Establish procedures and appropriate metrics about hardware asset planning and associated software compliance.
Create the requisite repositories for the tracking of licenses purchased and relevant hardware contracts.
Identify and advise management and technical teams on license entitlements derived from hardware deployed.
Provide hardware usage analysis outlining potential efficiencies and cost savings.
Initiate internal audits to ensure compliance, handle end users licensing issues and coordinate hardware retirement/sun-setting.
Perform analysis and reporting of hardware installations and identify any opportunities for hardware optimization.
Develop working relationships across I/T, Finance, Legal, Global Sourcing and the necessary business units to support hardware asset management throughout its lifecycle.
Work with hardware providers and consulting vendor service providers to ensure the best possible licensing situations are being leveraged.
- Excellent organizational, communication, documentation and project management skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities
- Experience working with global staff/teams
- Minimum five (5) years of working in a global organization
- Minimum two (2) years of creating, improving and documenting processes
- I/T Hardware Asset Management knowledge and experience including I/T hardware asset management policies and procedures, and procurement lifecycles
- Experience with hardware discovery data and software usage data
- Excellent analytical and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Skills in compiling and analyzing large amounts of data from multiple sources
- Responsible for analysis and evaluation of user business problems and development of system recommendations to meet requirements
- Assignments typically include problem definition, evaluation of requirements, and implementation of systems to meet business and user requirements