Aspinity is looking to hire an experienced embedded hardware engineer with a focus on developing and deploying low-power, high-performance applications for Aspinity’s revolutionary analog processor solution. You will be responsible to design, develop, and deploy application hardware and reference designs leveraging Aspinity’s analog processor for multiple targeted customer applications.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hardware design of low-power, embedded edge sensing and computing systems using Aspinity’s custom processor, as well as off-the-shelf sensors, microcontrollers/DSPs, and low-power radios.
- Specify and design complete board-level systems, including hardware, firmware, and sensor analysis application software.
- Develop and implement complete low-power systems and applications from sensor input to embedded controller/radio.
- Integrate, test, and release hardware reference designs, software development kits, and application proof-of-concepts.
- Interface with customers/partners to support end-product integration and system optimization.
- BSEE/CPE/CS degree with ~5 years of relevant industry experience in application design and embedded development.
- Solid understanding of analog & digital design fundamentals, design tools, and methodologies. Part of your role will be to develop and review Schematic and Board Layout.
- Experience in Embedded C/C++ as well as Python/Octave/Matlab within signal processing, communications, multimedia or similar performance-oriented domains.
- Experience with designing and debugging processor/SoC interfaces (e.g. USB, SPI, UART, I2C, I2S), both at an electrical and protocol-level.
- Experience with wireless interfaces (e.g. BLE, 802.15.4, Wi-Fi) and IoT communication protocols (e.g. MQTT).
- Experience with signal processing—including machine learning, signal detection, and optimization techniques. Experience with analog signal processing is a plus.
- Experience in one or more of the following sensor application areas: audio/voice, vibration monitoring, touch/proximity, biosensing, electric/magnetic fields. Experience with embedded audio using DSPs/CODECs is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience working in a fast-paced collaborative environment; Able to adapt to change quickly and effectively—including prioritizing tasks.