An opportunity for someone interested in re-invigorating their career. Join our fast-paced engineering team responsible for new product development and supporting existing products in production. Get exposure and play a part in the entire engineering process; from concept to production. The ideal candidate will bring a broad range of hardware and software skills and to apply to all aspects of product development.
- Develop and design new display module products based on customer specifications.
- Assist with bringing up boards for new designs and modifying boards as needed.
- Work on prototype and pre-production evaluations.
- Manage product Bill of Materials (BOM) in current PLM system (Arena).
- Maintain product database: entering data, processing Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and validating data.
- Aid in developing software for hardware tests.
Required Experience, Education, and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years experience
- Hardware and software embedded systems design.
- Experience with CISC and ARM processors (Freescale/NXP iMX28 and iMX6 a plus).
- C programming and scripting (e.g. Python) experience.
- Understanding of Bill of Material (BOM) and Engineering Change Order (ECO) process.
- Ability to thrive in a 'get stuff done' environment.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Linux programming
- PCB design tools (Altium Designer preferred)
- Standard lab debug tools such as oscilloscopes and power supplies
- Arena Product Lifecycle Management or similar application
- Serial interfaces such as RS232, RS485, I2C and SPI
- CAD tools (Solidworks preferred) for editing and creating documents
- Mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
- Ability to use vision to read computer screen and read printed materials.