"Are you ready to design and create the equipment, machines, and systems that automate tomorrow's Digital Factories?" Position Overview: The successful candidate will be a member of the SIAC RD Hardware development team, responsible for the design, implementation and production release of solutions for Factory Automation products that provide the greatest benefit to Siemens customers worldwide. The position reports to the HW Engineering manager. Responsibilities
- Participates in semi-complex maintenance, enhancement, testing and of existing hardware.
- Participates in semi-complex design, development, testing, and modification of hardware. Participates in the quality process by the rigorous and detailed execution of module, sub-system and system test procedures.
- Participates with designing, developing, and implementing semi-complex hardware solutions while adhering to manufacturing capabilities.
- Participates in maintaining all engineering documentation to support a design effort.
- Participates in estimating semi-complex task duration. Participates in reviewing semi-complex specifications and other documentation to determine hardware engineering requirements.
- Independently performs important areas of standard professional level work that typically requires processing and interpreting, more complex, less clearly-defined issues. Refers semi-complex, unusual problems to others. Identifies and resolves readily identifiable, clearly-defined problems.
- Understand standards, specifications, and other documents in order to implement assigned tasks.
- Provides level-of-effort estimates for assigned tasks.
- Complete the preparation of reports and analysis of technical issues.
- Works independently, provides general guidance and training for support staff, and works collaboratively with colleagues to resolve complex issues.
- Implement quality and process improvements.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS Electrical Engineering or related advanced degree
- 3-5 years of successful experience in related electronic hardware development.
- 5% domestic and international travel.
- Demonstrates a good grasp of design principles and able to perform worst-case circuit analysis with high accuracy.
- Able to proficiently operate electronic measurement and analysis lab equipment (for example, oscilloscope, meters, analyzers, power supplies).
- Able to understand hardware/firmware interfaces and perform hardware unit and firmware integration testing in a development lab environment. Demonstrates good interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving/debugging skills.
- Able to prioritize and address most-important tasks first
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Advanced degree (MSEE) may be substituted for experience
- Demonstrated hardware design knowledge of analog and digital electronics in a microprocessor-based, embedded control system.
- Knowledge of printed circuit board layout techniques for EMI/EMC and safety considerations.
- PLC programming experience, especially with Engineering systems such as Siemens TIA Portal, is a plus.
- Experience in implementing international EMC and safety standards such as IEC 61131-2 in electronic products.
- Understanding and ability to design analog data acquisition and motion control products.
Requisition Number: 222343