Description: This managing level employee is responsible for providing insight and recommendations to inform long-term IT infrastructure planning across multiple systems, while managing the technical direction of infrastructure solutions, overseeing the implementation of infrastructure systems, and managing team(s) through all system development lifecycle phases.
- Manages designated units by translating business plans into tactical action items; communicating goals and objectives; ensuring all policies and procedures are followed; overseeing the completion of work assignments; assuming responsibility for decision making; aligning team efforts; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; incorporating resources, costs, and forecasts into unit plans; removing obstacles that impact performance; guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly; partnering with key stakeholders and business leaders to ensure products and/or services meet requirements and expectations while aligning with departmental strategies; and influencing units to operate in alignment with business objectives.
- Pursues professional growth and provides developmental opportunities for others by soliciting and acting on performance feedback; building collaborative, cross-functional relationships; hiring, training, and developing talent for growth opportunities; delegating tasks and decisions; fostering open dialogue amongst departments; strategically evaluating talent for succession planning; setting performance management guidelines and expectations across units; and working closely with employees to set goals and provide open feedback and coaching to drive performance improvement.
- As part of the IT Engineering job family, this position is responsible for leveraging DEVOPS, and both Waterfall and Agile practices, to design, develop, and deliver resilient, secure, multi-channel, high-volume, high-transaction, on/off-premise, cloud-based solutions.
- Manages existing systems to ensure appropriate resources are in place to maintain service levels and meet new demands.
- Manages team deliverables.
- Manages team and communicates technical direction for the development and modification of solutions by ensuring the delivery of technical solutions that meet business problems.
- Manages technical teams in the translation of business requirements and functional specifications into technical specifications that support integrated and sustainable designs for designated systems by leveraging partnerships with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications.
- Collaborates with business leaders, Solutions, and lead enterprise architects to review business drivers, and communicate strategies to team members.
- Manages processes to ensure the proper documentation and review of technical specifications.
- Manages project support plans, schedules, and assignments, and resolves any issues.
- Manages the implementation and maintenance of assigned enterprise infrastructure systems to ensure successful deployment and operation by researching, formulating, and monitoring processes and procedures for the introduction and maintenance of services.
- Manages the resolution of complex or high impact system issues.
- Manages collaboration across various IT teams (e.g., database, operations, technical support) throughout system development and implementation.
- Reviews and prioritizes recommendations and input on options, risks, costs, and benefits for systems designs.
- Reviews benchmarking results, and make recommendations to support current and future infrastructure needs and projects to IT leadership.
- Manages new service options and recommendations on feasibility and ROI.
- Provides insight and recommendations to inform long-term IT infrastructure planning, engineering, and architecture across multiple systems by leading the assessment of the implications of IT strategies on infrastructure capabilities.
- Oversees and supports team interactions with architects and software engineers to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable system designs.
- Manages resource requirements for technical design and testing efforts.
- Reviews recommendations and creates financial forecast for the development, enhancement, and/or maintenance of designated technologies.
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, or related field and Minimum eight (8) years IT experience, including at least Minimum three (3) years in infrastructure engineering, technical process management, IT consulting, or related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
Job Number: 659611