Hadoop Database Development – Team Lead
- Strong understanding of Development Lifecycle methodologies, Project and People Management
- Possess and demonstrate excellent knowledge of data warehouse concepts, architecture, techniques, integration patterns, design alternatives, and overall data warehouse strategies.
- Design, Architecture and code at an Enterprise, Commercial, and Best Practices standard for Microsoft SQL Server technology (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS) or Hadoop ecosystem (Talend / Informatica, Hive, Pig, Spark, Kafka, Sqoop, Flume, etc). Similar expertise on Microsoft BizTalk Server is preferred.
- Overall experience of 7+ years with over 3+ years in Managerial position
- BA / BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Ability to strategize and deal with multiple portfolio of projects
- Past experience on Insurance or Financial applications
- Working experience in delivery of complex / enterprise data warehouse / data mart implemented over standard RDBMS (using Microsoft SQL Server (2008-R2+) Objects or Informatica or Hadoop ecosystem.
- Experience of working both independently and collaboratively with various teams and global stakeholders (Business Analysts / Architects / Support / Business) in an agile approach while working on projects or data quality issues
- Responsible for database development team to deliver the Data Warehouse and various associated components for data ingestion, transformation and processing alongside integrations with various bespoke Financial, Underwriting and Claims Management Systems while focusing on quality, timeliness & group coding standards. Team comprises of Data Warehouse / Integration developers primarily experienced on MSBI Technology.
- Provide support, coaching and mentoring to team members to ensure that all objectives and commitments are fulfilled in line with expectations, agreements and standards.
- Responsible for coaching, developing and motivating direct reports. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: recruitment and selection; employee appraisals and proactively addressing employee grievance and performance issues. It is important that these duties are carried out in accordance with Company policies and practices and in conjunction with HR.
- Support and guide the team in terms of work prioritization; undertaking performance reviews and determining professional development needs and opportunities.
- Support new initiatives and/or recommendations for systems development; prioritize, delegate, and coordinate handling of level-3 support requests and/or major incidents.
- Partner and collaborate with other towers (Business Services, Infrastructure, Service & Support, Security, Administration and Compliance) to ensure smooth functioning and collaboration between the teams.
- Help layout and drive consistency in processes within the team.
- Handle escalations, manage stake-holder expectations and conflict within the team.
- Monitor and report on resource utilization.
- Partner with management team and other leads in coming up with new standards and procedures for the teams.
- Follow corporate policy, procedures, controls and processes for the development and testing life-cycle.
- In addition to the above key responsibilities, you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as the Company may reasonably require.