The GIS Advanced Security Analytics team within Cyber SecurityTechnology is actively seeking for a Hadoop Data Engineer to help with the configuration and architecturedesign of the Big Data Platform. This work will include an understanding of data modeling, ETL, and interdependencies to tie together a robust platform. Additional roles will also contain the establishment of new data pipelines, identify existing data gaps and provide automated solutions to deliver analytical capabilities and enriched data to applications supporting the operations team. Ability to Identify new capabilities and tools in the Big Data Space and deploy them in the environment to help the team move forward.
Required Job Skills
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience working in Hadoop/ Big Data related field
- Working experience on tools like Hive, Spark, HBase, Sqoop, Impala, Kafka, Flume, Oozie, MapReduce etc
- Minimum 2-3 years of hands on programming experience in Java, Scala, Python, Shell Scripting
- Experience in end to end design and build process of Near-Real time and Batch Data Pipelines
- Strong experience with SQL and Data modelling
- Experience working in Agile development process and has good understanding of various phases of Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience using Source Code and Version Control systems like SVN, Git etc
- Deep understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem and strong conceptual knowledge in Hadooparchitecture components
- Self-starter who works with minimal supervision. Ability to work in a team of diverse skill sets
- Ability to comprehend customer requests & provide the correct solution
- Strong analytical mind to help solve complicated problems
- Desire to resolve issues and dive into potential issues
Desired Job Skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Good interpersonal with excellent communication skills -written and spoken English.
- •Good team player, interested in sharing knowledge with other team members and shows interest in learning new technologies and products.
- Ability to think out of box and provide innovative solutions.
Enterprise Role overview
As an experienced professional, provide advice to client management with regard to moderately complex security issues. Assists in the review, development, testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques. Coordinates the reporting data security incidents. Provides technical support to the client and management and staff in risk assessments and implementation of appropriate data security procedures and products. Monitors existing and proposed security standard setting groups. State and Federal legislation and regulations. Identifies and escalates changes that will affect information security policy, standards and procedures. Executes security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing e-commerce programs. Researches attempted efforts to compromise security protocols. Administers security policies to control access to systems and maintains the company firewall. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems. Typically 5-7 years of IT experience.
Job number: 18009410