$100K — $120K
• Analyze complex distributed production deployments and make recommendations to optimize performance
• Install and configure new Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) clusters
• Maintain and patch existing CDP/HDP/HDF clusters
• Analyze and apply SmartSense recommendations
• Work with development and business stakeholders to setup new CDP/HDP/HDF users. This includes setting up Kerberos principals and testing HDFS, Hive, HBase and Yarn access for the new users.
• Perform CDP/HDP security configurations with Ranger, Kerberos, Knox and Atlas
• Work closely with vendor support to address support tickets
• Monitor and optimize cluster utilization, performance and operations
• Write and produce technical documentation, administration runbooks and knowledgebase
• Keep current with Hadoop Big Data ecosystem technologies
• Participate in on-call rotation.
• Hortonworks HDP Administration / Cloudera Certified Administrator Certifications
• Demonstrated experience with implementing big data use cases and understanding of standard design patterns commonly used in Hadoop-based deployments
• At least two (2) years of HDP/CDP installation and administration experience in multitenant production environments with experience on HDP 2.6.x – 3.1x/HDF 3.x/CDP 7.1x versions
• Experience designing and deploying production large-scale Hadoop architectures
• Strong experience implementing software and/or solutions in enterprise Linux or Unix environments, including strong experience in shell scripting.
• Strong experience with various enterprise security solutions such as LDAP and Active Directory
• Strong experience with Ambari, Ranger, Kerberos, Knox and Atlas
• Strong experience with Hive and/or Impala
• Sound experience with other RDBMS(es), such as Oracle or MS SQL server.
• Sound experience with source code control methodology and real systems (Github).
• Strong understanding of network configuration, devices, protocols, speeds and optimizations
• Strong understanding of Java development, debugging & profiling
• Good troubleshooting skills, understanding of CDP/HDP capacity, bottlenecks, memory utilization, CPU usage, OS, storage, and networks
• Understanding of on premise and Cloud network architectures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Valid through: 4/28/2021
$250K — $300K + no cap, company stock (rsu's) and benefits
$150K — $300K + stocks and benefits