Common Purpose, Uncommon
Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that
Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our
global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global
payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet
network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses
around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and
checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with
partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services
join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™
World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world.
If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the
world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career.
Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar
on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all
over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to
Job Description and Responsibilities
• Minimum 4 years of work experience in maintaining, optimization, issue resolution of Hadoop clusters, supporting Business users and Batch.
• Experience in Configuring and setting up Hadoop clusters and provide support for - aggregation, lookup & fact table creation criteria's, Map Reduce tuning, data node, NN recovery etc.
• Experience in Linux / Unix OS Services, Administration, Shell, awk scripting
• Experience in building and scalable Hadoop applications
• Experience in Core Java, Hadoop (Map Reduce, Hive, Pig, HDFS, H-catalog, Zookeeper and OOzie)
• Hands-on Experience in SQL (Oracle ) and No SQL Databases (HBASE/Cassandra/Mongo DB)
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, analytical and problem solving skills
• Self-driven, Ability to work independently and as part of a team with proven track record developing and launching products at scale
• Minimum of four year technical degreerequired
• Experience on Cloudera distributionpreferred
• Hands-on Experience as a Linux Sys Admin is a plus
• Knowledge on Spark and Kafka is a plus.
Job Number: REF8090T