Position Summary: Maintains safe and healthful environment by identifying and anticipating concerns and hazards; developing and enforcing systems, policies and procedures. Responsible for compliance for all health and safety aspects including federal, state and local as well as ZF requirements.
- Supports the Lapeer facility for all matters relating to Health and Safety (H&S).
- Serve as the local auditor for EHS corporate compliance
- Coordinate the development and integration of accident/incident awareness, prevention and reduction activities, including but not limited to the following: ergonomics; behavior based safety; standardized work; safety training and awareness; safety auditing; H&S system implementation; risk assessment and reduction; employee involvement; industrial hygiene; and a defined safety leadership process to achieve ZF Safety & Health Excellence.
- Provide leadership with implementing and integrating the ZF H&S Management System requirements.
- Submit H&S related incident information to ZF as defined in the H&S Management System.
- Identify, and remain up-to-date, on all H&S compliance (local, state and federal) regulations and requirements that apply to the operation.
- Coordinate all H&S compliance activities to assure compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; interpreting standards; enforcing adherence to regulations; advising management on needed actions.. Includes the development and maintenance of compliance related plans, policies, procedures and documents.
- Prepare and submit government reports as required by applicable regulations (local, state and federal).
- Develop and administer applicable plant wide emergency and contingency response procedures.
- Establish and oversee safety programs/processes and H&S related committees/teams (ergonomics, accident investigation, health and safety, etc.). Coordinates activities of safety committee.
- Enforces safety policies by conducting inspections; reporting statistics; counseling managers and employees.
- Represents the organization by collecting data; presenting information at hearings; coordinating with claimsadjusters on workers' compensation related matters.
- Maintains safety KPI's / HR Metrics. Utilize the H&S data website to ensure that data is entered into the database per prescribed time frames and create monthly H&S activity reports as defined.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Environmental and /or Health & Safety Engineering and Management or closely related field is required. Advanced Degree course work or H&S related Professional Certifications preferred, but not required.
- Five plus (5+) years' experience in manufacturing environment with emphasis on health and safety management. Must have ability to work with minimal supervision and must be capable of leading H&S Function activities as directed.
- Working knowledge in relation to developing processes and practices related to the following key areas: H&S System implementation; Behavior Based Safety; Ergonomics; Risk Assessment and Reduction; and Industrial Hygiene.
- Experience in implementing and managing H&S Management System requirements,EPA and OHSAS 18011 requirements.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of H&S compliance (local, state and federal) requirements that are applicable to the facility.
ZF North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ZF North America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. ZF North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ZF North America, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.