Job Role Summary
ExxonMobil is currently seeking qualified candidates for Technical Engineer(s) to support the Glycols manufacturing facility that is being planned as a part of its future Gulf Coast Growth Venture site located in Gregory, TX.
We are looking for technical engineers who will be responsible for technical support to the safe, reliable, and environmentally sound commissioning, start-up, and operation of the Glycols manufacturing plant. The position will initially provide design and operability input to the Engineering and Construction personnel developing the project and will involve time training in the Houston area and travel to other locations for design development activities and reviews. All Technical support engineers will be located at Gregory prior to start up and through stabilization of the unit. In the long term, some of the Glycols Technical Engineers could be located at ExxonMobil Global Technology Center at Baytown for long term technology support activities.
Important Consideration for Applicants:
Candidates should apply if they are willing and able to 1) accept an initial temporary assignment at the ExxonMobil campus located in the Houston area for knowledge attainment of ExxonMobil procedures and systems, 2) accept a subsequent permanent assignment at the future Gulf Coast Growth Venture facility at the time of startup or when requested
Job Role Responsibilities
- Applies personnel and process safety principles in manufacturing facilities
- Using fundamental chemical engineering principles, work with others to maintain and build the organization's in-depth knowledge of Glycols process technology
- Drives operational improvements through technical contribution and innovation
- Participates with teams of technical professionals in resolving complex technical issues
- Adapts process technology from other sources (e.g. Oxygenates) to Glycols operations
- Uses plant experience, data and tools to develop, design and troubleshoot Glycols technology processes
- Develops less experienced technical professionals
- 10-15% domestic and international travel possible
Job Role Requirements
- B.S in Chemical Engineering or higher from a ABET accredited university
- A minimum of 5 years of Chemical Engineering plant technical experience
- Strong in Chemical Engineering principles and analytical skills with a minimum of 5 years background in Glycols plants.
- Prefer knowledge and experience in a Monoethylene glycol unit (MEG)
- Prefer project experience
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience in process engineering
- Strong working knowledge of design and troubleshooting of processes common in Oxygenates manufacturing plants; working knowledge of industry design tools for process simulation and distillation tray design/rating
- Ability to think strategically and develop creative solutions to resolve operational problems
- Demonstrated ability to influence and promote change to achieve desired results
- Solid presentation skills with the ability to represent the company to external entities
- Strong written and verbal communications skills (e.g. technical reports and technology rollout presentations at plant site)
- Ability to Interact effectively with all levels of the organization on technical topics
- Ability to provide informal leadership and mentoring
- Self-starter, takes the initiative in applying, developing and communicating technical issues
- Good multi-tasking skills
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.