You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
The Hartford’s Claims IT team is seeking a highly motivated Guidewire Developer. Successful candidates will be expected to demonstrate strong leadership skills, proficiency in managing matrix technical teams, technical acumen, experience in delivering quality technical solutions as well as setting and executing on a strategic technical vision.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Accountable ownership for delivery for a complex sub system and component or some modules of large or medium scale software product.
- Integrate software components across teams and systems into a fully functional software solution. Run integration tests and troubleshoot any issues. Look for opportunities to improve performance, scalability, and refactoring and rewrite for simplification or maintainability. Build and implement capabilities for continuous integration and continuous delivery aligned with Enterprise DevOps practices.
- Provide significant input to team development and testing tools, application infrastructure and deployment technology choices. Document and maintain various applications in the portfolio.
- Technical leadership responsibility for mentoring, participating in hiring interviews and driving the software engineering culture. Champion of Engineering Culture.
- Three or more years of experience.
- Customer focus, creativity, multitasking, prioritization and managing expectations for deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Programming skillset extends to secure coding, performance optimization, code quality gating, troubleshoot and resolve any continuous integration issues. Coach team members on technical skills or SDLC practices. Technical documentation Class diagram, sequence diagram, data flow diagram, ER Model etc. for modules.
- All competencies in previous tier. Goals setting, decision making and influence. Coaching and mentoring. Intellectual curiosity and passion for technology. Listen to concerns and provide support to address the challenges . Leads engagement with the team to ensure quality.
- Collaborates with the team to improve software development practices and process. Provides significant input to Software engineering, quality, Devops and Agile practices. Review and refine any appropriate processes for software version management and continuous delivery pipelines .
- Accountable to review and recommend appropriate code quality governance rules . Expertise in source code management and Integrated development environment tools to recommend enterprise best practices and educate teams.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Guidewire Claim Center a must. Claim Center Version 9.0 and/or over preferred.
- 3+ years of experience developing web based Java/J2EE application and Restful APIs
- Unit Testing (JUnit) and Integration Testing Frameworks(Selenium , Cucumber)
- Working Knowledge of DevOps pipeline: Github, Jenkins, Nexus, Docker Containers
- Experience with deploying application to public / private cloud
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented design and methodologies
- Experience working on an Agile team and knowledge of all the agile ceremonies
- Two or more years’ experience in Spring Framework.
- Proficiency in designing SOAP/Restful Web Services, XML and XSD.