Job Summary Designs and develops computer programs and monitors the work of junior staff to ensure accuracy of program logic and efficient use of computer resources; performs preliminary evaluation of packaged software; conducts system studies, analyzes and evaluates existing manual and computerized systems / procedures to improve efficiency, develops techniques for automating processes as appropriate; conducts Rough Order of Magnitude on application enhancements; determines the need for system security, backup/recovery, data conversion, etc. and makes recommendations; manages system development projects and supports the implementation activities and training, as required; works with business and responds to Production Support issues as necessary.
Essential Job Functions
- Developing Plugin and Custom batch components in Policy Center.
- Designing, developing, modifying, testing, debugging, and maintaining GOSU language application code within Guidewire Policy Center.
- Develop real-time web service and near real time message based integrations.
- Working within a development team using Agile methodology.
- Handling the responsibility of organizing code merges and environment management tasks.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
Special Skill Requirement
- 5+ years of web based java development experience.
- 2+ years with Policy Center Integration development experience with relevant certification.
- Minimum Guidewire version is 8.x and above.
- Experience in developing integration accelerators is must.
- Experience with Guidewire messaging XML (GX Model) is a must.
- Prior experience performing minor and major Guidewire software upgrades.
- Knowledge of Personal Lines Insurance domain (Policy Center applications as per product requirements).
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability with Java and GOSU programming.
- Knowledge of J2EE, Application Servers, XML/Web Services/ RDBMS.
- Knowledge of Dev Ops tools such as Jenkins, Maven is a must.
- May require occasional travelling.
- Good written and oral skills in local language.