Description Lead Product ConsultantQualification
Science / Engineering graduateResponsibility
- Participate in the pre sales stage (eg preparation of marketing materials and collaterals, client calls, demos) proposals and business development activities to ensure technical feasibility.
- Create solutions based on the customer needs and review estimates to prepare for RFIs and RFPs.
- Seek opportunities in mining the relationship to provide lasting value to the customer and share the same with the account team.
- Work with the client technical team, understand the eco system.
- Analyze customer requirements, challenges from an IT and business process perspective by interacting with the customer architects / SMEs and reviewing documentation.
- Provide recommendations (eg product implementation, platform identification, architecture suitability, gap analysis, customization/bolt on development and integration, product maintenance) to address the same.
- Create the solution architecture.
- Present the benefits of the solution.
- Lead Proof of Concept for the business problem.
- Provide inputs on technical robustness and scalability of the product to the LPC.
- Interact with customers to identify customer expectations and ensure all customer issues are resolved appropriately.
- Prepare estimation guidelines.
- Review estimates and impact analysis, etcas prepared by the Senior Product Specialist.
- Understand the complexity of the projects, identify and involve the right mix of resources.
- Identify the tracks / modules and allocate the same to Senior Product Specialists.
- Identify the various stakeholders.
- Identify the dependencies and manage the same.
- Oversee offshoreonsite coordination to ensure transition of information (handshake) and query resolution related to project execution and report updates.
- Prepare and track project plan.
- Perform key project management activities like planning, work allocation and tracking, endtoenddelivery, daytoday interaction with onsite, status reporting, performance reporting, quality assurance activities, etc.
- Maintain documentation (eg defect prevention checklist, metrics etc).
- Collate status report and present the same to the customer.
- Work with the various track leads to ensure delivery.
- discuss and resolve feasibility issues with the customer.
- Coordinate with the SQAG (quality team) to meet project/process compliance.
- Review outofscope requirements with respect to development and client as brought up through internal project review sessions.
- Review all change requests to ensure that processes are adhered to.
- Identify the impact of the same.
- Share and negotiate with the customer on effort, timelines and cost.
Design and Implementation
- Review billing data and raise invoices.
- Provide guidance to the team from a product perspective and suggest solutions.
- Participate and provide inputs in design and architecture reviews.
- Identify issues & drive them to closure.
- Handle delivery with minimum escalations.
- Review all deliverables as per the delivery checklist.
- Conduct demos for customers as and when required.
- Identify best practices, share and ensure adoption of best practices (eg architectural artifacts, interface, tools etc) by the team.
- Collate, centralize & institutionalize all solution enablers developed by individual projects.
- Prepare summary & detailed case study for the project.
- Follow up with team members to ensure updation of all relevant documents in Knowledge Management post completion of each project/module.
- Analyze team's capabilities (SWOT) and allocate work efficiently.
- Resolve conflicts within team members.
- Support team building activities, Provide administrative support.
- Provide inputs on goal setting and performance appraisals of team.
- Identify skill gaps and training needs required.
- Provide input into the learning and career plans for team members.
- Identify training needs of team members and provide coaching support to them.
- Nominate team for awards.
Must Have SkillsGood To Have SkillsQualifications
- Conduct training through academy and induction of new team members.
Technical SkillsSNoPrimary SkillProficiency Level *Rqrd./Dsrd.
1Guidewire - PolicyCenterPL4Required2GosuPL3Desired3Web ServicesPL2Desired4Core JavaPL4Desired5J2EEPL3Desired
* Proficiency LegendsProficiency LevelGeneric Reference
PL1The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.PL2The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.PL3The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.PL4The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.