We are Farmers! Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary Farmers is looking for Guidewire ClaimCenter Developers for full time positions. The Guidewire developer will be primarily working on ClaimCenter configuration and integration development. The candidate will be working in sub-teams supporting the large program development and future enhancements. This will be a highly visible position critical to the successful execution of key strategic initiatives that will enable Claims transformation. Essential Job Functions
- Develop and maintain GOSU language application code within Guidewire Claims Center application
- Plan, design, develop, modify, debug and evaluate moderately complex software for functional areas.
- Analyze existing software or work to formulate logic for moderately complex new systems
Physical Actions Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing. Physical Environment Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment. Education Requirements Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience Experience Requirements
- 2-5 years of development experience with Guidewire ClaimCenter required
- Previous knowledge and demonstrated ability with GOSU programming
- Guidewire Configuration/ Integration certification preferred
- Intermediate skills associated with the design, development, modification and deployment of software, including object-oriented programming concepts.
- Experience with issue and tracking software such as Jira or Rally
- Experience with source code management systems like Subversion, GITHub
- Experience with SQL queries and database access tools
- Experience with XML technologies (XSD, XPath, XQuery, XSL, and XSLT)
- Experience executing in Agile life cycle
- Experience with SOAP and REST Web Services
- Flexible in working under changing and different work settings
- Easily adaptable to various organization cultures
- Demonstrates resourcefulness, ceaseless energy and persistence to achieve goals despite obstacles and difficulties. Conveys a strong sense of urgency and drives issues to closure
- Promotes collaboration and teamwork
- Excellent communication skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues and customers; is respected and trusted.