GuideWire Database Migration Developer
GuideWire DatabaseDeveloper (Migration)
Columbia, SC or Jersey City, NJ
(Salaries vary by location)
This position reports to the Team Lead / Development Manager.
Responsible for migration of data from existing systems and new acquisitions into ClaimCenter. Individual will be involved in all aspects of data migration including; Data Analysis, Mapping, ETL Development, Reconciliation, Testing and Documentation.
This individual is accountable to estimate the work and ensure high quality deliverable on-time while adhering to policies and procedures of the group.
Projects and Development – 70%
• Responsible for migrating data into business systems, specifically ClaimCenter.
• Individual will need to meet the requirements set by the business with a focus on data quality, timeliness & group coding standards
• Work withother team members to ensure that all objectives and commitments are fulfilled in line with expectations, agreements and standards
• Support new initiatives and/or recommendations for systems development;
• Partner and collaborate with others to ensure smooth functioning and implementation of initiatives and new projects, as well as developing new standards and procedures
• Maintain consistency in processes and follow guidelines as laid out by team standards
• Work on escalations and high priority items as directed by the management
• Monitor and report on progress on tasks assigned
• Understand and apply industry practices, architectural standards and procedures relating to work assignments.
• Ability to provide estimates for coding, unit and integration testing efforts.
• Able to articulate technical solutions by proposing viable options, in Guidewire ecosystem.
• Work in Agile environments.
• Following Enstar policy, procedures, controls and processes for the development and testing life-cycle
System Support – 20%
• Work on system issues, bugs and enhancements
- Support existing systems and integrations
- Provide post migration support for a pre-arranged period of time
• Prioritize and coordinate handling of level-3 support requests and/or major incidents
- Analyze and resolve system issues
- Able to communicate with users / team members to coordinate and manage tickets
- Resolve and deliver fixes in timely manner
- Thorough testing of all changes prior to delivery
- Follow-through and diligence on all high priority items
Team Initiatives and Policies – 10%
• Help team with development and implementation of initiatives such as: [10%]
- Centralized source code control repository
- Standardized development environment setup
- Build and follow software development life-cycle
- Help develop and document Standards, Templates and Practices for best outputs from the team
• Participate in Team Tasks such as:
- Peer review of other team members work
- Transfer ClaimCenter knowledge team members
- Use of TFS to track all changes
- Use of SharePoint to share all team and project documents
- Adherence to source control guidelines and systems
In addition to the above key responsibilities, you may be required to undertake other duties from time to time as the Company may reasonably require
• 3+ years of data migration/integration experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology or related field
• 2+ years working with Guidewire ClaimCenter
• 2+ years of experience participating in large Business Integration efforts and being a member of a project team through all phases of the project lifecycle from scoping and planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and go live
• Understanding of ClaimCenter 8.0+ data model
• Completed at least one migration of data from other systems to ClaimCenter 8.0+
• Using SQL to develop complex queries against relational databases
• Using Hadoop and big datatechnologies for data analysis and transformation
• Carry out data analysis and ETL using the following technologies: T-SQL, SSIS, Hue, Hive, Impala, Informatica
General Skills / Attributes:
Ability to estimate work items in a systemic manner
Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
Usage of Source Control System
The interview process will start with a phone interview and then lead to an in-person interview.
The position is not a remote position. This person will have to work onsite.
US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply, we are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time.