The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking an experienced Guidance, Navigation & Controls Engineer (Level 3) to join the Boeing Guidance Repair Center (BGRC) located in Heath, OH. The successful candidate for this position will join a dynamic growing team responsible for development of the overall Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) guidance system.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Perform Navigation system development, integration and test activities
- Perform GMD GN&C system development and implementation
- Develop GN&C algorithms, models and flight software
- Gather, define and document requirements to support GN&C, mission and / or trajectory requirements. Define verification plans. Assess requirements quality and traceability
- Perform GN&C analysis, modeling and simulation to validate system design and performance
- Perform GN&C system integration, checkout and troubleshooting of anomalies
- Perform test planning and development of test procedures
- Execute tests per developed procedures
- Develop and analyze data to validate and verify components and integrated systems meet specifications and design requirements
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
- 3 years or more experience in the development of aircraft, missile, spacecraft or similar Inertial Measurement Units and Sensors
- 2 or more years of experience using Matlab / Simulink to model Sensors and IMU
Desired / Preferred Qualifications:
- Current Secret Clearance a PLUS
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.