The Boeing Company is seeking a Guidance, Navigation and Control (GN&C) Engineer Position in Seal Beach CA for the X-37B and other programs. Activities include GN&C design, analysis, verification and testing for atmospheric flight and space environments. Position Responsibilities:
- GN&C navigation design & analysis, navigation hardware, Kalman filters
- Linear and Non-Linear control analysis
- Flight Stability & Control
- GN&C pointing
- GN&C software development
- GN&C Integration & Testing
- Guidance and Control architecture development and verification
- This will also involve participation in cross-segment integration.
- Self-motivated problem-solver, capable of taking initiative with minimal instruction. Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts
- Possesses general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles and techniques in order to develop guidance, navigation and control systems for aircraft and spacecraft.
- Gathers, defines and documents system level requirements to support flight control and mission or trajectory requirements.
- Performs and documents design and analysis of Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) models and tools.
- Supports development of solutions and disposition of issues to assure customer satisfaction. Participates in new business development efforts.
- Works under general supervision.
- Able to problem solve in a clear and concise manner and have strong communication skills.
- Consistently and proactively works well with team members to solve complex problems and can also lead in a team environment.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires an active SSBI US Security Clearance. (A US Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.) Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must have experience with MATLAB.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Knowledge or experience in classical and modern control theory/design/analysis.
- Ability to perform trade studies related to attitude control and trajectory analysis.
- Background in aerospace operations and environments is desired.
- Autocode experience and integration is preferred.
- Experience in aerodynamics and orbit analysis is preferred.
- Experience with navigation is beneficial (Kalman filters, GPS/INS, state determination, attitude estimation).
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Job ID 1800075066