Job Description :
Advanced Systems & Analysis Engineer
Member of the Advanced Systems & Analysis department, responsible for research, development and analysis of new, innovative, systems and technologies. Initial assignment will primarily be to provide support to the Trident Submarine Navigation program.
Specific duties include:
Analyze complex inertial and sonar based high performance navigation systems.
Participate in the development of the next generation Trident navigation system and enhance the capabilities of the current system.
Support system testing, analysis tool development and maintenance, analyze test results and conduct accuracy and performance analysis, document and present results.
Analyze current system performance, investigate operational issues, propose and develop solutions to mitigate concerns and document findings and recommendations.
1. Knowledge of time domain and frequency domain data processing techniques
2. Knowledge of probability & statistics including stochastic processes
3. Experience coding in a high-level programming language (Python, Java, C/C++)
4. Proficient working with Linux, experience writing shell scripts (BASH)
5. Proficient with Matlab
6. Teamwork: Ability to work collaboratively with both local and geographically distributed teammates including subcontractors, technical agents and customers
7. Excellent demonstrated interpersonal and time management skillsets
8. Ability for occasional travel
9. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education. Entry level.
1. M.S. or equivalent advanced degree in directly applicable technical discipline
2. Top Secret or Secret clearance (current or held within the last 5 years)
3. Experience with inertial navigation system error modeling and simulation (aided/unaided)
4. Knowledge of estimation and control theory including Kalman filtering and smoothing
5. Experience with acoustic and sonar modeling and analysis
6. Familiarity with system and component specifications, understanding of requirement flow-down, allocation, validation and verification processes
7. Familiarity with GPS and Sonar systems
8. Experience using Mathematica and/or Scientific Python
9. Familiarity with M.S. Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
10. Familiarity with Unix, MongoDB, Oracle DB
11. Proficiency with technical writing and documentation