• The engineer will be provide leadership and be responsible for researching, developing, evaluating, and testing the Restore-L GN&C system.
• The engineer will provide leadership regarding the integration of analytical, hardware, and software disciplines required for GN&C of the Restore-L spacecraft and servicing payload.
• Managing and analyzing mission errors and budgets, including effects of sensor and actuator errors, failure modes, and structural dynamics. The engineer will also play a leadership role in the formulation of GN&C requirements as well as plan and execute GN&C verification and validation activities.
• Planning, directing, and conducting analysis, simulations, and performance assessments.
• Hardware/component definition and development.
• Flight software planning, directing, and development
• Flight system design and development
• GN&C ground system development
• End-to-end system testing
• Occasional travel may be required for to support spacecraft GN&C activities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree and 18+ years of related experience. Master's preferred.
• Extensive leadership and systems engineering experience.
• Requirements, acquisition and budgeting experience.
• Aerospace Engineering experience.
• Guidance, Navigation, and Control subject matter expert.
• Extensive experience on NASA flight projects.
• Flight Management experience.
• Flight simulation electronic hardware experience.
• Mission Operations experience.